Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Big Achievements In One Week!!!

Lots of WONDERFUL things happened between you boys in the past week!!! Nathaniel, you began the days of milestones as I was tucking you into bed Thursday night, February 3rd. After we had read a bedtime story, I turned out the lights... little did I know how you would warm my heart... After I said "goodnight", you responded by saying "cheek", I was a bit puzzled, again you repeated "cheek, Mommy" I leaned down and you planted a sweet, wet Nathaniel kiss on my cheek, and if that wasn't enough to melt me, as I was standing up you said "other one".... each cheek had blessings of love from my little boy : ) I LOVE YOU Nathaniel! Ben, you were the next to surprise me, and it did not take more than 14 hours. Friday morning, Daddy and I all got up early, Ben you and Nathaniel stayed sleeping until about 9am. I could hear you over the monitor talking and playing in your crib and getting so excited!!! Little did I know what ALL of the excitement was about! As I walked into your room... There you were STANDING on your own holding onto the side of the crib squealing for JOY! I don't blame you - this is just the beginning little one of seeing and experiencing our world in the way it was meant to be - GOOD JOB!!! (you have, in the past week, been pulling yourself up on everything!) Saturday, February 5th was a fun day, We went to the park as a family and then came home for cake and ice-cream, fun! Nathaniel, you are getting SO independent on playgrounds now - going down slides, climbing, and doing your own thing! Ben, oh how you loved the swings!! Your smile and giggles seemed to light-up the sky as the twilight fell. We are truly blessed to have each of you!!! Sunday morning Dad and I were in your Sunday School class Nathaniel, what a busy time we had! You are such a great helper and listener, it was fun to see you play with your friends Jackson, Caleb, Jason, Emily and Mikayla. You are GREAT at doing puzzles and loved playing with the cars and trucks! After lunch and long naps, and P,B & J sandwiches (I know, Daddy already ragged me for NOT having Super Bowl food like Nachos!!!) Anyway, we watched some of the Super Bowl XXXIX, congrats to the New England Patriots for a 24-21 victory over the Eagles, their 3rd Super Bowl Championship! (just so you know - the Super Bowl is ALL about the commercials - and Paul McCartney playing the Half-time show) It must have been the Super Bowl win that Ben was waiting for... 'cause after the night of the Big Game... after NEARLY 10 months... BEN, YOU ARE FINALLY SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! (talk about big achievements in 'Babyhood') All Mommy and Daddy have to say to that is WHOO-HOO!!! Monday, Feb. 7th turned out to be a GORGEOUS DAY, we spent much of the day outside playing, I got some video tape of Ben crawling, you don't like crawling as much on the concrete as you do in the house Ben : ) You are getting SO much better at getting around! It won't be long before your running about with your brother!!! Finally, my last entry for your week of achievements will end with yesterday's accomplishment by Nathaniel. It was just after breakfast, we all went upstairs so you boys could bathe... before your bath Nathaniel, you tried the potty and actually went!!! YEA!!! We had tried it many times before - but I don't believe you understood the concept. I am so proud of you!!! Whoo-hoo!!! KUDOS!!! This is the beginning of a good thing : ) ! Well, today is a very busy day, we have to leave for Bible Study (The Amazing Collection - a woman's walk through the Bible) in one hour. then we might go by the Thrift Store, and this afternoon, we will be visiting Mommy's friend Katie and your friends Gabe and Caleb and their new little brother, Micah (born Sunday). Aunt Sylvie is bringing them dinner and we are meeting her there. On with our day!!! I shall write more later... Love, Mom xoxo