Monday, November 21, 2005

The change is notable

Nathaniel has been helping with our cooking needs.

Ben wanted to help out so he asked if he could mow the lawn.

–––––––

I thought it would be nice to put up some more pictures for everyone to see. As I am sure you can understand 3 is more than 2 - and when you are refering to how young children effect daily life it seems to work the same way the Richtor scale works. Sometimes I think it has something to do with Joelle's crying - although she does not cry very much when she does it is loud! I firmly believe that a baby's cry is the single most powerful sound in the world. Everyone looks around when they hear it and it is the first thing anyone tells you that is remarkable about their Siamese cat. Nathaniel typically first asks what she is doing and follows that up with "I know - it's okay". Ben once offered his blanket but quickly retrieved it when he came to his senses. He has been quiet adept at giving her a passifier. The change in our home may have something to do with Joelle being so delicate and the boys so... hmmm... full of energy. Cannot say that I am sure exactly what caused it but our lives have shifted slightly towards the crazy side and the change is notable.

There is another shift that is worth mentioning: the girl shift. Pink, Lilac, Mint, Peach and other such colors have trickled in to our home like water through the roof. It's everywhere! On top of that I am already treating her differently than the boys. I talk to her more tenderly, pick her up gently and even hold her with more care. When the boys came along I tossed them in the air, rolled them around on the bed and was chided more than once by the grandmothers about "being too rough with the baby". But this seems natural. I really do not mind and did nothing to contribute to this frame of mind at least not consciously. Maybe Janice is using mind control? hmmm...

All noise and pink aside we are truly enjoying Joelle and so are the boys. I am not sure the boys are really aware of the new division of attention especially with the grandparents being here over the last few weeks. But the crown has been passed or should I say a tiara has been placed on Joelle's curly haired brow.

You can see the boys "taking care of" Joelle in a movie here.